COVID-19 and Remote Learning
Westside Waldorf School COVID-19 Safety Plan (CSP)
COVID-19 Prevention Program
Los Angeles County K-12 Re-Opening Protocols (Appendix T-1)
COVID-19 School Guidance Checklist
For more information, please click here
- to provide assistance to families in our immediate community who are suffering because of these unprecedented times*
- to provide support to meet expected new state-mandated compliance requirements for safely re-opening our campus for our students, teachers, and employees.
*If you are a family that needs help now, please reach out to Mike Quishenberry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Communications (click here)
Frequently Asked Questions
When will school reopen?
How will my child’s education continue?
How long will WWS be engaged in remote learning?
Is WWS Summer Camp happening?
Will tuition be refunded?
How will the decision be made to return to school?
What will be refunded?
What should I do if I suspect that I or a family member has been exposed to COVID-19?
What can families, students, and school personnel do to keep from getting sick and spreading COVID-19?
- Remain out of congregate settings.
- Avoid mass gatherings.
- Maintain distance (approximately six feet) from others when possible.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- While you should try to limit your time outside the home except for essential activities, it is especially crucial to stay home when you are sick. Remain at home until fever has been gone for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medicines.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- As experts highly recommend social distancing to combat the spread of COVID-19, consider canceling all but essential travel, both domestically and internationally.
- Anyone traveling to a country deemed Level 2 or 3 by the CDC should self-quarantine for 14 days after returning. As this list is subject to change, please check here for the latest updates.
- Stay abreast of what developing travel bans may impact your plans.
Emergency Community Resources
- How to Talk to Children About Difficult News
- Explaining the News to Our Kids
- How to Talk to Kids About the Coronavirus Outbreak
- How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus
- Coronavirus vs. Flu vs. Cold Chart
- How to Reduce the Stress of Homeschooling on Everyone
- Educational Cartoon on the Coronavirus
- Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus
- Top Teachings on Meditation, Wisdom and Compassion
- Coronavirus Stressing You Out?